Abortion Pill / Medication Abortion
Up to 11.0 weeks from first day of last menstrual period (LMP)
What is the Abortion Pill
The Abortion Pill is a combination of two medications that are taken in our center and in the privacy of your own home. Some women report the medication abortion as being “private” and “more like a miscarriage”.
- You will take the first pill in our center. It blocks progesterone, a hormone needed to continue the pregnancy.
- 24-48 hours after taking the first pill in our center, you will take the second set of pills at home.
- They gently soften and open the cervix so that the discontinued pregnancy can pass through.
- Most women will completely expel the uterine contents within 6 hours after taking the set of pills at home.
- You will experience vaginal bleeding similar to a heavy menstrual period and intense cramps.
- Most women could continue to bleed lightly up to their next period.
Why Choose Us?
- We can see women in the same day visit
- We can schedule your follow-up appointment, which is included in the price
- You can elect to take a pregnancy test 25-30 days out and/or seek care at your own doctor’s office for follow-up.
The medication abortion (Abortion Pill) is 95-98% effective in completely ending a pregnancy. Effectiveness can depend on the treatment regimen and length of pregnancy. Most uses of the Abortion Pill are successful. An incomplete abortion can safely be treated with additional medication or a surgical abortion available here at our center.
One week later at your third visit to our center, you will be evaluated to determine the completeness of the abortion with a repeat ultrasound. This appointment is included in the price you pay the day you take the first dose of medication and is a required visit.
Contraception will be discussed and prescribed.
Learn more about what you can expect on the day of your procedure.
WHAT THEY HAD TO SAY
~ patient comments ~
My experience here was welcoming the whole entire staff there are so nice and caring making sure us ladies are being taking care of and comfortable.
I was extremely impressed with the staff, doctors, and the overall cleanliness of the facility! The whole experience was less stressful than expected.” – Google review
They were all extremely professional, personable, and kept me calm through the entire process. It’s very clean and comfortable place.” – former patient
Great place. Genuinely care about women. Safe environment. No judgment. Kind staff. Variety of health services. Reliable health care the way it should be!” – Google review
Nice clean office
Staff and doctors made me feel very comfortable. I’ve been to other offices in the area, this one is the best by far!!!” – former patient
Right to make a choice
People should have the right to make a choice. Thank y’all for all you do.” – Google review